My digital surrealism is about my relations towards nature and the Earth. This is shown by cutout pieces of my body which you can see the sky through. This was made by simply using a shape selection tool and lasso tool to select than I cleared the selected area. This almost already has a surreal effect, as my body is cut and sees through by very unordinary shapes. The blue background is just a picture of the sky bringing the nature aspect together. Then I took the image of me and put a picture of branches over. Since it is winter, the branches have no leaves allowing me to place them over me without covering my image. Also this allows me to place the birds on the branches without having them hidden. The birds are native species which I see often. However these are not my pictures of the birds but are from the internet. This is because it is bitter winter and these birds do not linger no more, but are plentiful to seeing in the summer time. The branches and cut me is intended to symbolize connection of nature being integrated with me and the sky. I added 1 extra eye on my head to symbolize more awareness towards nature as there are 2 birds with a big eye observing me, showing that nature is conscious of me and I am towards nature. I think the surrealist effects are the huge eyes on the birds, that the seagull is smaller than the blue bird and on a tree. I have 3 eyes and am cut through and viewable throughout my body. And that its winter but I am still depicting nature and how it is still strong among us, even at times you wouldn’t expect it to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment