
My chess piece is proportional and uses a good variety of value. I used the value to help show form and contrast of the value. My chess piece is thinner in the middle and also longer, it is thicker at the bottom and top and is also shorter and this is how a chess piece is and therefore is proportionally correct.
I created pattern by using similar lines in the background several times. Movement is created by the swirly lines, value and depth of field.
I used the value at the bottom right to show form so it does not just look like a floating path that the chess piece is on, but it looks like something is supporting the path. The value makes my chess piece seem more 3D and shows the shadow. The value I used somewhat helps to differentiate the starting points and ending points of objects instead of using a solid black outline.
In my first thumbnail sketches I started drawing a chess piece to the side and it was tilted to the left. From this I had the idea of making a swirly path for the chess piece to be on top of because it was tilted and it is at the side but if it was in the middle the swirly path would not work well.
I made my chess piece the focal point by making a swirly path through the centre and across the whole page to create movement that leads to the chess piece. I made the path the most thickest and detailed where the chess piece is on. The path is smaller, less detailed and curvy on the right side to add movement to the more outstanding left side where the chess piece is located. I added heavy value below the right side path to trigger you to look there, than above and ultimately the chess piece. I added some lines in the background that point in the direction of the chess piece and to the path. This helps you further to be lead to look at the chess piece. The value of the chess piece is very dark and light and therefore the chess piece is one of the most contrasting parts of my drawing.
No comments:
Post a Comment