Thursday, December 12, 2013

Research of three paintings in SFMOMA!


Frieda and Diego Rivera

Frida Kahlo Mexican (Mexico City, Mexico, 1907 - 1954, Mexico City, Mexico)



 Painting | oil on canvas


I like the art style of the painting, as it is very colorful and positive. It looks nice and perfect for a picture book. Overall this is a nice style of painting that I may consider because of its fair realism and positive looks.







Gebirge

Franz Marc German (Munich, Germany, 1880 - 1916, Verdun-sur-Garonne, France)

Painting | oil on canvas

I like the vibrant, pleasant and natural colors of this painting. The shapes and emotions in this painting are nice and I may consider trying out this style.



Violin and Candlestick

Georges Braque French (Argenteuil, France, 1882 - 1963, Paris, France)


Painting oil on canvas


I like the value and simplicity in shades compared to the shapes and angles. By using this effect the shapes really pop out well and I may like to try and use this to make my painting look more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment